Give Backathon is Australia's national charity hackathon that gives worthy charities valuable technology-based solutions to help increase their social impact. Give Backathon exists because (unfortunately) a lot of charities that are making a difference in our communities lack funding and technical skills. Give Backathon brings together the brightest and nicest techies and professionals to work together and 'give back'.
In May 2017, Give Backathon will focus on helping four Indigenous charities.
Indigenous unemployment sits at a high 16%. Through dis-empowerment and lack of opportunity, the Indigenous community in Australia has the highest rate of suicide of any community in the world.
By helping these organisations we can help re-shape these statistics.
Help make a difference and have a ton of fun - limited spots available so join this worthy cause now!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided on both days
- Win some cool prizes for volunteering your time and helping these incredible charities
- 3 months x Complementary casual membership at Fishburners (Australia's largest co-working space), valued at $300/team member
- $500 "Best Hacker" Award (software developer)
- Receive $84 off your GitHub account
- More awesome prizes will be announced soon...
20th - 21th May 2017
Fishburners, Level 2, 155 Queen Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Event Sponsors and Partners
Give Backathon is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.